OVER THE LAST 4 MONTHS I HAVE BEEN REPLACING THE...

2002 Ford Escape

scottball

Over the last 4 months I have been replacing the ignition coils at one per month. I should have replaced them all at once and saved time. The symptom each time would be a hiccup in the engine at idle that would progressively get worse to where the engine ran rough. The engine light eventually came on so I knew what to replace and the problem stopped until the next month when the next coil went bad.A similar symptom of the engine hiccup started again last week. I decided to replace the last two ignition coils to be done with the problem, but the hiccup is still there. I checked to ensure that I had hooked everything up correctly.

The hiccup is only noticeable when engine is cold at this point. It is very infrequent and random. The engine light has not come on so there are no codes.

hmac300

Check fue pressure and see who much voltage is going to coils. It may be to high and burnging them up.

WHAT ARE THE ****EXACT**** CODE NUMBERS COMING UP WHEN THE ENGINE LIGHT IS ON???.........NOT SOMEONE'S INTERPRETATION

A WHILE BACK HAD THE "BAD COIL" WITH WIFE'S '03 W/ 3.0L..........IT WOULD GIVE REAL FAST SLIGHTLY JERKY HESITATIONS FOR ABOUT 2 SECONDS, WHILE CLIMBING ANY INCLINE, THEN IT WOULD STOP

I NEVER GOT A CODE OR NOTHIN'---AFTER SOME PARTS CHANGING AND ELIMINATIONS I GOT IT STRAIGHT

A BETTER DESCRIPTION OF "HICCUP" MIGHT HELP

DEPENDING ON THE CODE(S) IT COULD BE ANOTHER PROBLEM

CONTINUE WITH THE TESTING THAT hmac300 PRESCRIBED

AT MINIMUM, TELL US WHAT YOUR ALTERNATOR IS PUTTING OUT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bzz7P3qNHcE

KEEP US INFORMED