2002 Dodge Ram Vehicle Protection enabled issue

• 2002 DODGE RAM

My Dodge Ram had to have a battery and alternator installed. I picked it up from the shop and all was well, until two days later. Going to make a long story short.

Its a 2002 Dodge Ram. I bought it cash many years back and dumped a lot of money into it to. The first thing I did was get an advance alarm, so I no longer needed the default alarm clicker, I only used the clifford alarm I had installed which would lock and unlock the doors.

For some reason when I locked the truck, the locks didn't go down, I thought nothing of it, opened it and simply pushed it down manually. The next day I went to go unlock it same thing, the alarm chipped, but the locks stay down. So I stuck my key in the door and now all hell broke lose.

I noticed this red light which I never seen before blinking and clicking. I stick the key in the ignition and nothing, I tried click the light on or something and nothing, its like this security override took over. I grabbed the original clicker pushed every button on there and nothing. I went to auto zone to get new batteries for it and still nothing. I even discounted the main battery and popped it back on there and that damn red light is still blinking.

I googled and tried almost everything. I put the original key in the door locked and unlocked 500 hundred times and that damn light is still there.

Please help

Saturday, October 26th, 2013 AT 4:02 PM

Duplicate. See original post for reply.

Saturday, October 26th, 2013 AT 4:49 PM