Automatic trans

WEETERS15
  • 2002 DODGE RAM
2002 dodge ram 5.9 transmission TS Today I drove from work to a car wash on my way hm 30 miles or so Done this 100 times I have had this truck since 2004 have been the only driver currently there is 150,000 miles mostly highway and have never had any drive train issues at all
I went thru the wash and pulled onto the highway when as I accelerated up the ramp it seemed sluggish or hesitant to shift 6mi from hm started to slip and quickly in drive felt like it was put in neutral moved into neutral and back to drive and itworked for a few minutes Got hm let it set for a couple hrs went and test drove it again same symtoms How with know warnings could a car wash effect the trans. Like this? I am 47 grew up with muscle cars of the more mechanical era Can this be computer or elec. Problem?Can trans. Shops TS with computer or is this Strictly mechanical?
Thursday, January 6th, 2011 AT 2:48 AM

A shop can check it for you if there is a warning light coming on. The computer will have a code stored. The car wash wouldn't have hurt anything. As far as the problem, it can be a few things. Check the basics, is the fluid clean and full? As far as electronics, if it is kicking out and in of gear, it could be a shift solenoid, the trans control module, or a worn clutch pack.
Thursday, January 6th, 2011 AT 1:20 PM