WON'T START, WON'T TURN OVER, NO LIGHTS

2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser

DataDoc

Have a 2002 PT Cruiser - won't start, no dash board lights. Replaced battery 18 months ago. Put on automatic charger for few hours. Checked charger battery voltage reading - it displayed 10.8. Next steps?

Load test the battery-start here-10.8volts is not enough to tickle the starter-could also be the ignition switch

With everything off, I'd use a digital multimeter across battery posts, what is the reading? 10.8 volts is too low, if I understand your post? You need to also check your charging system. Use a dmm to take voltage reading, let us know. All battery cables coming and going are clean and tight on all ends? Could be excessive battery drain? You need a fully charged battery to do testing.

The autostores I deal with will come to your home, in town, give you a jump, if needed.

DataDoc

Rasmataz and JDL - thanks for the guidance. I did clean and tighten the battery cable connections and went through all the lights and other switches to be sure they were completely off. I was able to jump start the PT with my other car. I'm letting it charge up now. Then will check voltage again as well as see if it restarts.
Again - thank you both for your help.

A battery that is too far down, you shouldn't charge with your alternator. Can cause alternator to get get hot?

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Pressure Test