2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser Overheating

CHARITY123
  • 2002 CHRYSLER PT CRUISER
My 02 Pt cruiser is overheating and I don't know why. I have changed the radiator cap and thermostat and also put an blockcage liquid in the head gasket and its still overheating. I don't know what else to do? My uncle even took the thermostat out just to see what it would do and it still overheated. What is wrong?
Tuesday, April 8th, 2014 AT 6:19 AM

KTECH
I would not recommend a blockage additive, rarely do they solve any problems. Its more than likely your water pump my friend just got done changing his on his turbo pt with 150K and it was totally frozen up and you would have had no idea until you tried to spin it. When was the last time you changed your antifreeze if its been more than 4 years you will want to change that out. I believe they used Dex-cool in those from the factory and that isnt very good for your system anyway. I would change the water pump, If I had to guess your water inst circulating coolant though the system. Iv disassemble cars with 200k miles and found the water pump impeller fins totally corroded away, so if its never been replaced by this point its time anyway. After that I would take it somewhere and have the antifreeze pressure flushed out of your system to remove that stop leak and all the old Dex-cool. You can also try using a pressure tester on your radiator cap to see if its possibly the head gasket.
Tuesday, April 8th, 2014 AT 6:54 AM
MIGHT ALSO BE THAT....... THAT 12 YEAR OLD RADIATOR HAS BARNACLES GROWING INSIDE OF IT.

I'VE FOUND THAT THE "POUR IN" FLUSHES ARE MOSTLY A JOKE

HAVING IT PROFESSIONALLY DISMANTLED AND FLUSHED MIGHT BE COSTLY...........AND YOU STILL HAVE THE SAME OLE RADIATOR

THIS MAY HELP.....I FOUND THIS ONE (IF YOU DECIDE YOU NEED ONE)

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/toughone-or-ready-rad-radiator-431461/19920653-P?searchTerm=radiator

NOT ONLY THAT.........MIGHT CAN SAVE SOME SERIOUS $$$, LIKE $40, IF THIS TECHNIQUE WILL WORK FOR YOU TOO

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/2001-dodge-neon-milage-just-want-put-fliuds-their-locations

KEEP US POSTED AS TO HOW THINGS ARE WORKING OUT

Tuesday, April 8th, 2014 AT 7:53 PM