HEATER NOT WORKING

2002 Chrysler 300

rousea

September, 24, 2012 AT 12:02 AM

Previously was stuck on heat, dial turns but wouldn't switch, now stuck on cold and won't switch back to heat. Heater core not heating up. Can't locate flapper.

No Heat

DrCranknWrench

September, 24, 2012 AT 1:16 AM

The actuator for the heat is probably bad and needs replacement. It is located near the firewall on the heater hose.

rousea

September, 24, 2012 AT 3:19 AM

Actually its a Chrysler voyager, sorry for the misunderstanding. How do I access the actuator and approximately how much does one cost, and where can I purchase one?

DrCranknWrench

October, 1, 2012 AT 3:31 PM

The actuators are for the doors on the left side of the HVAC assembly. This would be in the center under neath the dashwhere the heater core box is located. You may have to pull some ductwork to see the doors and actuators.
To get parts you might try www. Rockauto. Com. They are a great OEM quality or better closeout site. They move merchanidise so fast you might have to check it daily for a while for a really good deal. Parts are from reputable manufacturuers and I have amde amny purchases there. I got a $250 wiper motor for $40 shipped. You cannot beat this place.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Blend Door Actuator Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement