SHIFTER IN PARK CAR REMAINS IN DRIVE, WHO DO I FIX?

2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer

Rafi2466

July, 11, 2012 AT 10:58 PM

I drove my 2002 trailblazer LTZ home. When I parked and put the car in park, the shifter moved but the car remained in drive. I can not get the shifter to move or the car started now because it is in drive. What can I do?

hmac300

July, 11, 2012 AT 11:03 PM

You'll hav eto check and see if hte cable is broken. Crawl under neath and have someone move the selector, if the lever on trans doesn't move then the cable broke an dneeds replacing. You can manually move the lever to get in park or neutral but it will stay there then. Make sure to turn the key on to get the shift lever out of park.

Rafi2466

July, 11, 2012 AT 11:24 PM

I can't move the selector, it's in park and the dash indicates its in drive.

hmac300

July, 11, 2012 AT 11:26 PM

The cable or shift lock has to be broken then you have to take teh console off to change the cable an di really think that is your problem. Crawl under the truck and move the lever on the trans all the way forward. If it won't move tehn disconnect the cable and it will then. Then have a pro fix this for you.

Transmission Speed Sensor Replacement Honda
Transmission Service Toyota Tacoma
Transmission Fluid Replacement Mercedes Benz