TRIED TO START, TURNED OVER THE FIRST TIME BUT DIDNT IGNITE, JUST CLICKED REPEATEDLY THE SECOND TIME

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe

tahoe037

September, 13, 2011 AT 4:23 AM

I tried multiple times and it did the same thing each time. I am thinking its the starter or spark plugs because it wouldn't ignite but would turn over the first time.

promechanic

September, 13, 2011 AT 4:29 AM

The first thing to check is your battery cable connections. Make sure they are clean and tight. The next thing to do is have your battery load tested. You can also check it yourself by getting a voltmeter reading when it is just sitting there and another when you are trying to start it.
If you want more help then let me know what voltage the battery has. You can get a cheap voltmeter at walmart or any auto parts store.

tahoe037

September, 13, 2011 AT 4:36 AM

Well I had it to a shop maybe 3 weeks ago, they did a battery inspection and said it was fine. Ill try that tomorrow but if thats not the case whats should be my next course of action?

promechanic

September, 13, 2011 AT 4:43 AM

The next thing I would suspect (After making SURE that the battery is good. Be sure it is "load tested") is the starter. You can try to knock on it with a hammer to see if it breaks free. You can also see if it is getting battery voltage when you try to start it.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang