2002 Chevrolet Silverado still has problem.

MMORRIS5M
  • 2002 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
I left a question on may 8 your title is "2002 Chevrolet Silverado LT with 130,000 miles". I followed his instructions and checked fuel pressure. It was low so I changed fuel pump. This fixed problem for about 10 miles. Truck started doing the same thing, shuddering and dying. I have been through all of the suggestions on the link provided in your reply. I found a couple of vacuum lines that were questionable and changed them. I checked all of the wiring and plugs on all ignition components. After doing this, the truck wont start at all, where before it would start every time it just wouldn't stay running. I went through the ingnition checklist again according to the chilton manual and links at your site. Everything seems fine except I get no spark from the coil (so naturally nothing in line after that either). It has power and trigger signal going to the coil and ignition module and all resistance readings are within specified range. I have changed the coil and the crankshaft position sensor to see if I was missing something. I have been over it several times and don't see anything missing or unplugged. Do you know of anything else I can try, I can't get it to a dealership without paying huge towing fee, so I don't want to do this if it can be helped. Is there anyway to know if it is the pcm?
Wednesday, June 15th, 2011 AT 6:03 PM

If you have voltage and ground for the coil and no spark at plugs, check coil wire--dist cap and rotor.

If you stay on the original post, the person you were talking to will know your asking another question. If you make a new post, they won't know.
Thursday, June 16th, 2011 AT 1:47 AM
MMORRIS5M
Those are all brand new and I did double check them, coil wire has correct resistence and distributor cap and rotor look good
Thursday, June 16th, 2011 AT 2:16 AM
The cap and rotor are new? Any applicable trouble codes? I asked about coil voltage and ground? At the coil, pink wire is primary voltage, goes hot with the key on. White wire is ground, the ground should pulse, engine cranking. No ground pulse, no spark.

Do you have an injector pulse, engine cranking? Use a noid lite.
Thursday, June 16th, 2011 AT 2:51 AM
MMORRIS5M
Ok I found the white wire was broken on the ignition coil connector. I repaired it and now the truck starts easily, however, it won't stay running. As soon as I hit the accelertor ti stalls and dies. What can I check next?
Sunday, June 19th, 2011 AT 10:35 PM
Use a gage and check fuel pressure. Sounds like it is going lean, when you open the throttle. Any applicable codes? To check codes yourself, at the least, you need an obd2 code reader. One that shows manufacturer specific codes as well as generic codes.
Monday, June 20th, 2011 AT 1:20 PM