I AM HAVING STARTING PROBLEMS

• logicestorms
  • 2002 Chevrolet Silverado

2002 chevy silverado 5.3l wont start again! New battery, new alternator, starter checked out good, all fuses and relays are good. Last time this happened I towed truck to dealer and they put it on computer, was told everything worked fine. Whatever the

Friday, October 21st, 2011 AT 10:05 PM

• rasmataz

If its cranking over and will not start do below

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if okay-check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing

If both fuel and spark is present-check the valve and ignition timing, this will lead you to problems

with compression and valves opening and closing at the wrong time/broken or jumped timing

belt/chain.

Wednesday, October 26th, 2011 AT 10:00 AM