2002 Chevrolet Silverado Air Conditioning

EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT
  • 2002 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
When the Air is on water collects in the cab on both sides. I ran a plastic tie up the drain tube and a lot of water came out. There didn't seem to be any type of debries to come out except clean water. It seems to work ok for a while but continues to get "Clogged up".
Tuesday, July 23rd, 2013 AT 10:52 AM

MAYBE THIS WILL AID YOU!

HAVING DONE THIS TASK ON VEHICLES FOR FRIENDS AND FAMILY

I'VE FOUND THAT "POKING" SOMETHING IN THERE, OR EVEN COMPRESSED AIR. DOES NOT UN-STOP IT A LONG TIME!

UNFORTUNATELY, IT MAY NOT LAST A LONG TIME. YOU HAVE JUST "CRAMMED" THE PROBLEM BACK IN, ONLY TO HAUNT YOU AT A LATER DATE.

I HAVE IMPLEMENTED THE USE OF SPECIAL "CJ MEDEVAC-O-MATIC" EQUIPMENT THAT USUALLY LET'S IT WORK A LOT LONGER

ALTHOUGH IT IS SOMEWHAT DISPOSABLE, BUT EZ TO REASSEMBLE. I KEEP SOME OF THE "CUSTOM BENT NOZZLES" FOR "REPEAT FAMILY CARS" AROUND TO USE AGAIN ----ALL RIGGED OUT IN MY GARAGE!

ESPECIALLY FOR USE ON MY MOM'S '86 THUNDERBIRD (WHICH SEEMS TO BE MY BIGGEST CLIENT) THESE CARS WERE BEFORE "CABIN FILTERS" CAME ABOUT, SO 26 YEARS OF DUST AND DIRT HAS GOTTEN INTO MAMAS HVAC SYSTEM. AND MY SISTER'S CAR TOO!

I CAN ACCESS MAMA'S FROM UNDER THE HOOD (THE WHOLE REASON I MADE A SPECIAL PIPE FOR HER'S). YOU MIGHT HAVE TO GET TO YOURS FROM UNDERNEATH (LIKE STRADDLING YOUR FRONT WHEELS OVER A DITCH OR JACK STANDS (THE MORE LEVEL YOUR CAR IS. THE BETTER.(GRAVITY PLAYS IN AND HELPS OUT !)

VERY EZ!

HER'S IS REALLY HARD TO GET TO, WITH YOUR HEAD, FLASHLIGHT AND HANDS ALL IN THE SAME CONFINED AREA, IT'S A PAIN. SO I JUST MADE AN EXTENSION SO I DIDN'T HAVE TO REACH IN THERE WITH MY HANDS

I TOOK A PIECE OF 3/8" COPPER TUBING ABOUT 3 FEET LONG (IMMA PLUMBER) AND BENT IT TO CONFORM TO ALL OF THE "WIGGLES" AROUND COMPONENTS IN ORDER TO GET TO, AND "JUST INSIDE" THE RUBBER A/C CONDENSATE DRAIN SNOUT (THE LAST BEND IN MY TUBING IS A GENTLE SWEEPING "90")

YOU SORTA DON'T WANNA BE ROUGH WITH THE RUBBER DRAIN, CRAMMING SOMETHING IN THERE HARD MAY TEAR IT. OR EVEN KNOCK IT LOOSE BETWEEN THE HVAC UNIT AND THE FIREWALL. MIGHT BE A PAIN TO RECONNECT IT!

I'VE GOT IT DOWN TO A SCIENCE. GETTING THEM (MY WIGGLE PIPE AND THE RUBBER SNOUT)TO "DOCK TOGETHER" IN A TIMELY MANNER

HERE'S THE BEST PART!

SHOVE THE OTHER END OF THE TUBING INSIDE THE OLE SHOP VAC HOSE ABOUT 6 INCHES AND USE DUCT TAPE TO SEAL THE TWO PARTS TOGETHER

CRANK UP THE SHOP-VAC, AND NOT ONLY DO YOU "GRAB" THE STOPPAGE, BUT ALL OF THE WATER REMAINING IN THE HVAC UNIT, COMES OUT AT A HIGH RATE OF FLOW (WHILE THE SHOP-VAC IS STILL ON) THIS DRAGS OUT EVEN MORE CRAP THAT MIGHT BE A FUTURE PROBLEM

YOU MIGHT LET THE VAC RUN FOR LIKE 5 MINUTES OR SO

USE YOUR IMAGINATION, AND WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE ON HAND TO MAKE YOUR OWN SUCTION NOZZLE YOUR HVAC's DRAIN MIGHT BE EZier TO ACCESS THAN MY EXAMPLE

DO YOU UNDERSTAND "MY WAY"?

LET ME KNOW HOW IT GOES

Tuesday, July 23rd, 2013 AT 8:06 PM