2002 Chevrolet Impala overheating

PAULAC3
  • 2002 CHEVROLET IMPALA
My car keeps overheating like all the way to red and car loses power. I just replaced radiator, thermostat, cooling fans, new battery, radiator hose. And yet it still overheating. I dont know why? Im single mom so I dont know much bout cars can you help me. All parts replaced were bought brand new from napa.
Wednesday, November 4th, 2015 AT 10:18 AM

WRENCHTECH
The very first thing you probably should learn is, don't let the car overheat. Ever.
If you drove it hot to the point of losing power and by the sounds of it you did it more than once, you have likely done serious internal engine damage now such as a blown head gasket or cracked head.
You may have had a small problem to start with but driving it hot has developed into something far more serious.
Wednesday, November 4th, 2015 AT 3:25 PM
IMPALAOWNER10
Supposedly the Impala's have the overheat protection where when the engine is in overheat mode the PCM squirts gas in every other compression stroke instead of every, allowing the engine to not overheat. When does the car overheat highway or around town. Could be the electric fans. See if their fuse/relays are ok. Let the car idle the fans should come on around 200 -220.
Wednesday, November 11th, 2015 AT 12:00 AM
IMPALAOWNER10
Forgot, are you loosing any fluid. If you have a leak the coolant system can not pressurize and hence the coolant turns to steam.
Wednesday, November 11th, 2015 AT 12:02 AM
WRENCHTECH
I don't know where you are getting your information from but that isn't even close to true. The 3.4 is one of the worst engines for blowing head gaskets if they are even mildly overheated.
You're also totally wrong on fan temps also. These fans aren't programmed to come on until approx 226 degrees.
Wednesday, November 11th, 2015 AT 2:02 AM