Cranks but won't start

ONEFOXONE
  • 2002 CHEVROLET CAVALIER
Vehicle cranks, won't start. No spark and no fuel pump noise during key turn on. Running lights are on when key is turned on and the dash lights are lite as follows: Check gages, theft system, trac off when key is turned on. Unit has remote start since new Astroflex OM passlock bypass. Tried to relearn key code, no go! OBII won't connect. All fuses have been checked and are good. Vehicle was sitting for some time and battery was dead, hooked up charger and after charge tried to start. No go! Might another type of passlock bypass work?
Sunday, October 16th, 2011 AT 2:11 AM

Turn the key to the run position and allow it to stay on for 10+ minuites. The security light should go off and then the car should be able to start.
Sunday, October 16th, 2011 AT 2:13 AM
ONEFOXONE
Tried the key both for the 10+ minutes and the key with the 3 tries with 10 minutes each time. Neither one works. I thought it would cure the problem, but it didn't. Either way, the lights don't change. BCM bad?
Sunday, October 16th, 2011 AT 1:18 PM
Was the car in an accident or did you hit anything?
Sunday, October 16th, 2011 AT 5:51 PM
ONEFOXONE
Had vehicle since new, no accident or hit anything. It was sitting for about 4 months and I started it a few times. Last time must have been sitting too long and battery was dead. Charged battery and tried to start it. First attemp it cranked over real slow. Charged more and than it cranked OK, but no start. That's when I checked for spark and fuel pump noise and there wasn't any. OBD2 has ground and + but won't connect. Tried 3 different ones, that do work on other cavaliers 99 and 05. Nothing has been chewed on either. Thanks! Not sure if the OBD2 ever worked on the 02, Can't remember if I ever hooked it up to the 02 before.
Sunday, October 16th, 2011 AT 7:16 PM
Remove the plug going to the PCM and check for corrosion.
Monday, October 17th, 2011 AT 2:39 AM
ONEFOXONE
Checked connectors at PCM and they were both OK, anyway to bybass passlock to see if that is causing the no start condition? Might be time to get PCM flashed?
Monday, October 17th, 2011 AT 1:41 PM
It can't be bypassed.
Wednesday, October 19th, 2011 AT 3:13 PM
ONEFOXONE
Purchased used PCM ran the key learn 10 minutes, and everything is now working. Vehicle runs. Do I still have to get it flashed for my vin# if everything works?
Monday, October 24th, 2011 AT 7:13 PM