2002 Chevrolet Astro code 1345

KRAM3
  • 2002 CHEVROLET ASTRO
I would like to locate the Crankshaft position sensor and the Camshaft position sensor on the Chevy Astro
Saturday, November 28th, 2015 AT 3:14 PM

First thing is to take dist cap off and see if there is any movement in rotor, there should not be then if there is get anew dist as the gear is worn. Then a pro will have to set that correlation between the two with his scanner. The cam sensor is in dist. And crank sensor in timing cover.
Saturday, November 28th, 2015 AT 4:14 PM
WRENCHTECH
HMAC300 is correct. You don't have a sensor problem. You have a problem with the synching of the two together because someone has moved the distributor thinking they were changing the timing but the timing cannot be changed on this engine. As HMAC stated the offset has to be adjusted using a scan tool. There is an "offset" reading in there that must be set to "0" by turning the distributor. Once the dist is set in the right position, there is no reason to ever move it.
Sunday, November 29th, 2015 AT 4:32 AM
KRAM3
Thanks, but my van is not misfiring, it drives normal
Sunday, November 29th, 2015 AT 8:51 AM
KRAM3
Thanks for the information on the distributor but the van is not misfiring and there is some movement at the rotor.
Tuesday, December 1st, 2015 AT 5:06 AM
WRENCHTECH
Nobody said anything about it needing to be misfiring. We told you exactly why that code is there. You may or may not notice driving issues, depending on how far it is off. The distributor needs to be set correctly using a scan tool.
Tuesday, December 1st, 2015 AT 5:11 AM
KRAM3
Thank you very much for your help, installed new distributor and the van runs great.
Sunday, December 6th, 2015 AT 9:58 AM
WRENCHTECH
I don't know that you needed to replace the distributor. It just needed to be set correctly but I'm glad you got it resolved anyway.
Sunday, December 6th, 2015 AT 10:01 AM