SERVICE STABILITY SYSTEM

2002 Cadillac Escalade

2CarPros-Archives

October, 20, 2010 AT 9:18 PM

2002 Cadillac Escalade V8 All Wheel Drive Automatic 91,000 miles. My Escalade EXT keeps giving me a "Service Stability System" message on the message screen on the dashboard. I had the same problem last year, and the dealer found trouble codes C0205.207 stored in the system. They checked the reading from the "Steering Wheel Position" and found an internal malfunction in the "Steering Wheel Position Sensor."QUESTION: What's going on? Is it likely that the same sensor has failed. After just one year and 3,000 miles? Do you know of any systemic problems with this model of the Escalade. And can you point me in the right direction. Other than back to the dealer? If I purchased one of the better OBDII readers. Will it really help me solve the problem?

Sway Bar

1 ANSWER

Sway Bar

1 ANSWER

2CarPros-Archives

October, 20, 2010 AT 9:19 PM

Did your new reader find any codes? Not likely that it is the same problem, but the PCM sees something it doesn't like and if your scanner wont read the code/codes, you will need to find a shop that can.

Sway Bar Link Replacement Chevrolet Silverado
Sway Bar Link Replacement Subaru Legacy
Lower Control Arm Bushing Replacement Honda