Trunk won't open

SADIEH503
  • 2001 VOLKSWAGEN PASSAT
  • AWD

My trunk will not open, the remote doesn't work to pop it open anymore, and It won't pop when I press the trunk open button from inside the car, and even when I try to use my key to open it, it won't open. When I try to pop the trunk, I hear a noise like it is opening, but it just won't. I am so frustrated with this car right now, had it for 4 weeks and problem after problem, Please help~~~~ this site rocks btw

Wednesday, March 2nd, 2011 AT 2:31 AM

2CARPROS KEN

Two things come to mind, first is the seal around the trunk lid is stuck to the lid. This will make it tough to open even though the latch is undone. Like the lid is taped down. Try to use a little force to open while releasing the the trunk latch. Next is a little tougher. If the latch has broken then you will need to remove the rear seats to access the latch from the rear of the car.

Here is a guide on how to replace the latch.

Please let us know what happens.

Cheers, Ken

Monday, June 19th, 2017 AT 2:12 PM