CAR WILL NOT STAY RUNNING

2001 Volkswagen Cabriolet

cosmo59

August, 13, 2011 AT 4:47 PM

This is my 2nd ouestion the car was in garage she was backing the car out slowly the front tires got up against the cover plate of the lift /-\ that look like the lines I just made she gave the car gas to get over the hump the engine made a put put put sound like it had no power and staled under the load of trying to get over the hump this happened just after we had replaced the main belt on engine we had to jump the car twice to get it to the garage and also had a charge on the battery our brake mechanic thinks the timming belt may have jumped does anyone think this could have happen on such a small hump put a new cap and rotor on the car starts but will not stay running at idle and seems like it does not have all of it power when you give it gas?

mhpautos

August, 15, 2011 AT 5:50 AM

I would run a scan first just to check for any set fault codes, do this and report any codes you find.

Engine Oil Change and Filter Mini Cooper
Engine Oil Change and Filter
Fuel Filter Replacement Chevrolet Silverado