STARTER PROBLEMS

• lucky1508
  • 2001 Saturn Astra
  • manual

I have a 2001 Saturn SL1. I have had starter problems for the past month. I took a 200 mile trip, stopping 3 different times, the car started the first 2 stops, the last stop I could not start the car by turning the key, it is a stick so I was able to push start it. Prior to this took car to dealer to have them replace ignition and key. I only live 1 mile from work, I left work, car started fine. Stopped at daycare and car would not start, able to push start it again. Had starter, alternator, and battery tested. Has new battery and the rest tested good. The cables are good, I cant find any loose connections. Tired of wasting money to figure out problem, what would you suggest?

Wednesday, July 27th, 2011 AT 9:29 PM

• saturntech9

You probably have a bad starter not working when it gets hot and wants to fail?Do you a multimeter or test light to do some testing?

Wednesday, July 27th, 2011 AT 10:27 PM