FUEL PROBLEM

2001 Pontiac Grand Am

superdave3

November, 17, 2013 AT 3:29 PM

My 2001 grand am gt is using up a lot of fuel. It took a quarter of a tank to go 30 miles and seems to be worse at times. There is a brand new fuel pump, fuel filter and mass airflow sensor. My ignition is starting to go out but the car still starts up just fine and occasionally does not fire up all systems and I'm left with a few lights on the dash that tend to be off the next time it starts up and my temp gauge works at times when the car starts up but found out its due to my ignition. I run royal purple oil and just about due for an oil change. There has been minor oil spotting only the occasional drop. Is my gas going quick because of the oil needing to be changed soon or does it have to do with the ignition switch going out? Engine sounds a bit high but everything is running fine.

Jacobandnickolas

November, 17, 2013 AT 3:57 PM

The ignition switch or the oil change will not cause the vehicle to use more fuel. Has the check engine light come on? Have you checked for any leaks?

Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe