FUEL PUMP

2001 Nissan Maxima

kidzcycle

July, 15, 2011 AT 2:28 AM

I have a 2001 nissan maxima that wont start. First off I noticed the fuel pump is not coming on when the key is turned on. I almost replaced the fuel pump until I noticed the warning lights on the dash are staying on even with the ignition off and the key out. The only way to get them off is to unhook the battery or pull the ecm fuse under the hood. It was running and driving fine then stopped all of a sudden with these issues. I have replaced the ignition switch. Just the electronic part not the lock and key. The car does have the security system which I have tried to reset by turning the key off and on as suggested and also touching the battery cables together to drain the capacitors. Nothing has helped. Have you ever heard of this issue?

July, 15, 2011 AT 3:17 PM

Check the fuel pump amd EFI relay. It could be bad and stickling causing the CheckEngine Light to stay on without the ignition switch being turned on.

Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang