2001 Mitsubishi Montero Stuck AWD and overheating

DONNAROWE
  • 2001 MITSUBISHI MONTERO
  • AWD
I have replaced Radiator, radicator cap -new thermostat and made sure all fans and still see small leak somewhere underneath. It overheads up to 220 on long distance but if I turn the heater on the temperature decreases and will run about half way. Any advice what to replace next?

Also now the AWD is stuck --I was told they would have drop the transmission to correct the linkage between AWD and 4/2. Experiencing probably $500 fee just to adjust linkage. Is there any thing I may can do?

Monday, September 15th, 2014 AT 4:39 PM

To find the leak, you should pressurize the system when the engine is cold so you can look easier. Also, check the water pump. There is a weep hole on the housing that will leak coolant if the bearing or seal is bad in the pump.

As far s the 4wd, I'm not sure what dropping the trans would do to help with the transfer case. Have you checked to see if something is bent, damaged. On the transfer case or the linkage?
Monday, September 15th, 2014 AT 6:34 PM