MY CAR WILL START BUT WILL NOT TURN OVER TO RUN

2001 Lincoln Navigator

navigirl2001

August, 26, 2011 AT 10:26 PM

My 2001 navigator will turn on but will not run it keep blowing out the #5 fuse when the fuse is new it will run and the gauge lights work but blown the gages on the dash board will not move and the car will not turn over

DrCranknWrench

August, 26, 2011 AT 10:52 PM

Can you look ate the back of the fuse cover and look and fuse diagram and tell what it is for?
There is certainly a shorted out part or wire short somewhere.

navigirl2001

August, 28, 2011 AT 2:06 PM

Hi, that fuse 5A belongs to the cluster, overhead trip computer, compass, steering sensor, brake shift interlock solenoid, air supension module, gem module, heated mirror, rear defroster. Reverse sensing system, automatic park release, aux A/C blower relay, console.
Now the rear supension is starting to go out I notice the rear of the car is starting to sit low could this be the problem

DrCranknWrench

August, 28, 2011 AT 3:16 PM

Somwhere on the list of functions that fuse #5 keeps safe has a short in the wiring or a defective part shorting itself out. Find the sensors and look at the wire for breaks or insulation cracks. The ones that are underhood like the power steering, are subject to a lot of heat and caustic materials. Failure often occurs near sensor. Get a Hayne's manual at you loal parts sttore and trace each sensor and you will have the color of the wires as well. As far as the rear sagging, it is probably a combination of bushings and the springs failing. Failing bushings won't account fro ride hejt issues. Check the mounting shackles as well.
Sounds like you have a good start snd most everything is easy to get to.

Let me know how it goes.

Battery Replacement Guide
Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000
Battery Replacement
Starter Motor Replacement Ford Mustang