I have a 2001 Lincoln LS V6 and when I start it.

RICKSMITH1022
  • 2001 LINCOLN LS

I have a 2001 lincoln ls v6 and when I start it it will idle high then lower down but when I go to give it gas once it hits around 40mph it spudders and wont go any higher then if I go to put it in gear the car shuts off. When you look at the exhaust its a thick white smoke and it has a very rich gasoline smell. I plugged it up to my computer and it said piston 3 and 5 are misfiring and the egr valve popped up. I put a new egr valve in the car and nothing happened so I know its one of the sensors but I replaced the one behind the motor and nothing happened and I disconnected the battery to reset the computer but nothing happened so I took the head off the motor and looked inside and there is like an inch thick of carbon build up inside the head I was wondering what sensor is in control of the carbon and if I replace that sensor it would fix the car

Friday, April 5th, 2013 AT 11:21 PM

ASEMASTER6371

Did you remove the head or the valve cover?

There is no sensor for carbon.

What were the codes? Including the egr?

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Saturday, April 6th, 2013 AT 1:54 PM

Help us by donating