IS MY COMPUTER ON MY BAD.

2001 Lincoln LS

jairid

December, 18, 2011 AT 11:26 PM

I own a 01 Lincoln ls 3.9. It started with dead fuel pump, and progressed to losing my tail lights and dash cluster. And now I have to power to my head lights. I checked all my fuses and found 8-12 have no power.I checked under the hood and also no power to my pcm. I had a blown fuel pump fuse replaced already. And I also had a blown heated mirror fuse replaced. When I replaced those fuses when I lost all power to my Lincoln. Iv been worken on cars for years and im stumped.

December, 19, 2011 AT 12:16 AM

Check all the fusible links and test the headlight switch

cadieman

December, 19, 2011 AT 12:48 AM

Test for voltage at head light bulb as well as the fuseable links by the starter. If the links are good. Check the voltage at the dimmer switch harness and it transfers voltage properly. If not you going to have to replace the turn signal switch.

jairid

December, 19, 2011 AT 1:49 AM

I did this also. I could not get a reading at all. I forgot to mention that while I was testing the pump the horn went nuts and when u turn the key It was acting like the battery wwas going dead. On currently holding 8.7 volts in the battery from my wife cranking trying to start it while it broke down. I can't get any power at all in the car.

December, 19, 2011 AT 1:53 AM

Charge the battery and then load test it-not over 9.6 volts replace it

jairid

December, 19, 2011 AT 12:59 PM

I tested it this morning it was 12.8, And still no head lights tail lights horn anything.

cadieman

December, 19, 2011 AT 6:56 PM

You need to check the voltage at the headlight switch. Start there.

jairid

December, 19, 2011 AT 7:24 PM

I checked. I have no voltage. I also have no voltage in the fuse box for the lights. All other fuses has power. When u turn the key it acts like its dead. No lights no turning over nothing. Like I never put the key in the ignition. Also no power to the ignition. No blown fuse ethier.

jairid

December, 19, 2011 AT 8:18 PM

I have no voltage out light switch. But from fuse box in the car I have no power to starter realy coil. Radio, any of the head lights 8-11 ddm right front high beam (23), pats system, loft front low beam (25), switch back lighting. Under the hood I have no power to head lights at all, fuse box I have no power to fuel injectors and transmission solenoid. Also the plugs connecting to the computer in the car. Plug on the left of the fuse box I have no power and some pins on the right of the plug fuse box ether. Is the computer in the car bad possible.

cadieman

December, 19, 2011 AT 8:45 PM

U check the voltage at the starter. When you turn the key to start position their is no power going to the seliniod or starter?

jairid

December, 19, 2011 AT 8:50 PM

Silinoid

Replace PCM Computer