HELP PLEASE

2001 Kia Optima

MadEtcher

November, 14, 2010 AT 12:22 AM

Was driving my 2001 Kia Optima down the freeway and the engine just stopped on me. There was no jerking or anything it just died. It acts like it wants to turn over but I get nothing. Where should I start with my diagnostics. Fuel pump, Spark plugs? Thank you in advance for your help

November, 14, 2010 AT 4:00 AM

Cranks but no start condition-do below to determine whether it's fuel or spark related issue: Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine at least 3/16 away from ground -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if so, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it.

Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz ML500
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Spark Plug Replacement Honda Element
Spark Plug Replacement Ford Explorer 4.6L V8
Spark Plug and Wire Replacement Ford Mustang