2001 Jeep Cherokee stalling

At first I had problems with my jeep over heating. Drove it to auto-zone told us it was the water pump. So we replaced it. Drove fine for two days. Took it to a repair shop told us the thermostat was put in wrong cost us $80 to replace it. Drove fine for another two days. Now the car shakes and at times wont pick up speed fast enough and stalls on us. Last time I drove it and it stalled it took 15 times to get it started again and I wasn't to far from home thank goodness and drove it back. Even before when we were having the over heating problem is would have this hissing screeching noise like that of an old camera flash like the noise they use in the Texas chainsaw massacre movies. It will start right up. I'm afraid to drive it to a place to check for any codes because I'm afraid I wont make it there. I only drove a block away last time I drove it. Please help. What could be wrong with it. Oh the transmission fluid is fine. We drained all the oil that was in it and replaced it, but it still doesn't look like good oil, its not as bad as it looked but still not super clear, still a little brown. Can someone please tell me wheat's the difference between just a Cherokee or a grand Cherokee

Wednesday, February 25th, 2015 AT 9:18 AM

The grand Cherokee is more deluxe. Unfortunately you'll have to scan for codes and check fuel pressure with agauge. Auto parts rent it. Then have coolant system pressure checked for an internal lek like a head gasket also check for vacuum leaks like a line off/broken etc. Another thing never believe what an auto parts guy tells you as they have no experience fixing cars they are guessing like you are.

Wednesday, February 25th, 2015 AT 9:53 AM