2001 Ford Taurus transmission fuse

MEGBISHOP21
  • 2001 FORD TAURUS

My fuse box doesn't have a cover on it and I washed my car the other day and ever since my transmission fuse keeps blowing and every time I replace it keeps blowing and I blew it out with the air hose to try to air it out. When I take off it has no power when I get up to 30mph it will go untill I have to stop again

Friday, September 13th, 2013 AT 9:47 PM

TY ANDERSON
  • 705 POSTS

Is there any service engine soon or check engine lights on? Are there any other fuses that are blown? The water conducts electricity so you may have caused a short in the fuse box. This fuse box missing the lid is the fuse box under the hood right? Talk to you soon, TY

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Saturday, September 14th, 2013 AT 12:19 AM
MEGBISHOP21

Yes there is a light with a ! Point with a circle around it. No other fuses pop and yes the fusebox is under the hood.

Sunday, September 15th, 2013 AT 12:31 PM
TY ANDERSON
  • 705 POSTS

Check all the fuses to make sure none are open or blown. The ! With a circle around it is a warning for the brake system. It means the emergency brake switch is on, brake fluid is low, or a failure in to the brake hydraulic system. Let me know what you find.

Monday, September 16th, 2013 AT 5:18 PM

Help us by donating