TRANSMISSION FUSE

2001 Ford Taurus

megbishop21

September, 13, 2013 AT 9:47 PM

My fuse box doesn't have a cover on it and I washed my car the other day and ever since my transmission fuse keeps blowing and every time I replace it keeps blowing and I blew it out with the air hose to try to air it out. When I take off it has no power when I get up to 30mph it will go untill I have to stop again

Ty Anderson

September, 14, 2013 AT 12:19 AM

Is there any service engine soon or check engine lights on? Are there any other fuses that are blown? The water conducts electricity so you may have caused a short in the fuse box. This fuse box missing the lid is the fuse box under the hood right? Talk to you soon, TY

megbishop21

September, 15, 2013 AT 12:31 PM

Yes there is a light with a ! Point with a circle around it. No other fuses pop and yes the fusebox is under the hood.

Ty Anderson

September, 16, 2013 AT 5:18 PM

Check all the fuses to make sure none are open or blown. The ! With a circle around it is a warning for the brake system. It means the emergency brake switch is on, brake fluid is low, or a failure in to the brake hydraulic system. Let me know what you find.