TRANSMISSION

2001 Ford Taurus

coiceman89

January, 2, 2011 AT 3:42 AM

I have a 2001 Ford Tarsus it has an 4f50n/ax4n(code x)it is column shift it has a 3.0 motor in it ohv, my question is the transmissions will fit 2001-2003 I know this from talking to ford but the transmission I found is out of a 2003 but it floor shift same numbers on it, what do u have to do to make it work what do u have to change it from floor shift to mine column shift?

Transmission Flare

Transmission Problem

coiceman89

Please someone who knows what their talking about help me out on this one please

Jacobandnickolas

February, 23, 2011 AT 4:15 PM

We only recommend direct fit parts. Therefore, we will not make this recommendation.

coiceman89

February, 23, 2011 AT 9:15 PM

All you have to do is change a bracket that's it i've had the car back now for almost a month and a half thanks for getting back with me though.

Jacobandnickolas

February, 24, 2011 AT 12:34 AM

Thanks for the information. We have to recommend direct fit parts because of changes and the possibility of injury or additional damage due to differences. However, it is nice to see that it worked for you.

Transmission Service Toyota Tacoma
Automatic Transmission Service
Transmission Mount Replacement - RWD Cars
Pulling an Auto Trans? Easy Instructions