Rear strut/shgock replacement - A/C Hose replacement (low side)

OLDBLUE
  • 2001 FORD TAURUS
How do I remove and replace rear seating in my 2001 Ford Taurus (V6-3.0 LTR) In order to replace rear suspension.

I was also informed by a mechanic that I had a possible leak on the low side A/C hose (maybe a gasket). There is oil residue present on the hose and the A/C no longer works after it was repaired 3 days prior (upper section-high side).

Do you have a diagram or instructions that will aide me in my repairs.

Thank you,

Oldblue
Wednesday, June 15th, 2011 AT 2:33 PM

Others may jump in w/ much better info---so don't hang your head!

As far as confirming a A/C leak---the not so perfect, inexpensive, backyard way. Insure you do have some gas pressure (even adding 1-$8 sacrifice can of freon) Spray your fittings with soapy water (1/4 inch soap, the rest water in a spray bottle) Give it a minute watch for "bubbly foam"---More expensive than that is the old fashioned "Halide Light" (may be misspelled) This uses a burning propane flame, as freon gets sucked in thru a hose (sorta used like a stethoscope), the flame will turn green, you must stay on suspected areas a bit, for the hose to s. Uck---(this is how you get around the "automatic bad word censor", with harmless words, otherwise the word would come thru as: ****, and leave you scratching your head!)---The gas into the flame. It is tricky/ requires a "knack" using it, and low light conditions help a lot. Sorta got to have a feel for using it, still maybe $40-$70 for one.

Many A/C shops have electronic sniffers that may be faster. Maybe with a little tact, you might convince a sympathetic A/C man to sniff yours out, as a quick diagnosis, before you commit to repairs.

Like I said, someone here, will hopefully give you better info than me!

Just trying to get things going!

The Medic
Wednesday, June 15th, 2011 AT 5:08 PM