I NEED HELP FAST !!

2001 Ford Taurus

kaitie005

July, 16, 2013 AT 8:06 PM

When I turn the car on it will start then I put the car in any gear it will not go into gear it will roll forward and you can press the gas as much as you want and the car is not going to go anywhere. Basicly when I got in my car and put it in reverse there was no tension and there was no click saying it is in gear. It was very easy to move the handle into any gear I wanted cause it does not click into gear.

hmac300

July, 17, 2013 AT 7:23 AM

Check to see if the shift cable is broken an dnot moving the trans into gear. Have an assistant help

kaitie005

July, 17, 2013 AT 3:34 PM

The cable was not broke but where the cable meets and the swivel it was broke, the bottom of the bolt type thing is missing the while bottom. Now I went and tried to find just that piece no one had it so I went to LKQ and bought two used ones and got home and went to take the bracket off that is attched to a medal frame the bolt broke off. So I found a bolt that is smooth at the top and has grooves on the bottom so it would allow the cable to swivel and it worked butttt it will not go into park so the car will not start, I do not have the time nor money to drop the whole transmission and replace half of the cable and replace it. I actually need my car tommrrow at 5: 30 am. What is the cheapest way to fix?

hmac300

July, 17, 2013 AT 3:45 PM

Your car will start in neutral first thing. Try adjusting it as well but from the sound of things you ahv eit all screwed up anyhow. But see pics.

Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement - Rear