WHAT SHOULD I DO TO GET MY TRUCKING RUNNING LIKE IT SHOULD BE?

2001 Ford Ranger

matt210118

December, 15, 2011 AT 12:55 AM

I have 01 4.0l ranger. It was running just fine before the battery died in it. It sat for about a week. Now im have problems getting it started. It turns over fine just doesn't fire up all the time. I have replaced the batteriy twice, checked for bad wires no luck, checked the fuel pump relay, the fuel shutoff switch, and the pump, they are all fine. Some times I hear the pump come on sometimes I dont. Some times its starts right up and runs fine then I shut it off and try to start it up again its starts and cuts right off. Other time it just cranks and doesnt fire up. I just reset the pats today to see if thats what it was but no luck. I have tryed everything I can think of.

F150

Fuel Pump Relay

December, 15, 2011 AT 2:00 AM

Check the ignition switch and also do below

Next time it refuses to start don't wait for it to make up its mind-do below immediately to determine if its fuel or spark problem

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if okay-check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing

Replace Your Fuel Pump Relay - Easy Steps
Replace Fuel Pump Relay
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang