F150 "SERVICE ENGINE SOON" LIGHT.

2001 Ford F-150

JKKnott670

I had a "service engine soon" light on my truck, took it down to Autozone and got the code (don't recall). It was for engine tempature and said I needed to 1) check coolant 2) check thermostat 3) ECT valve. - Coolant was good, changed the thermostat, drove about 50 miles and now the light is out. - Question can I go and get my truck inspected and pass the emissions test. Does the light going out mean it is good to go or is the fault still in the computer and will register and fail my emission test at inspection.

What was the exact code no? -Check and test the engne coolant temperature sensor-start here

JKKnott670

It was code 125, I changed the thermostat and the light went out after 50 miles or so. My question was now that the light is out will the truck pass the emissions test on inspection. OR is the fault still in the computer and will register and fail my emission test at inspection.

If its not coming back go for it