Problems even if the check engine light isn't on?

OFOXRD
  • 2001 FORD EXPLORER
My 2001 Ford Explorer sport won’t start without a bit of coercion from the gas pedal and would really like to fix the problem myself. I Just need to know before go and buy an OBD II reader,

Will an obd II reader come out with codes for problems even if the check engine light isn't on? My 2001 Ford Explorer sport won’t start without a bit
Friday, May 25th, 2012 AT 3:46 AM

BEFORE YOU START MONKEYING WITH STUFF!

SEE IF YOU CAN MAKE IT DOWN TO THE LOCAL POPULAR AUTO PARTS STORE

THEY HAVE PORTABLE SCANNERS AND THEY WILL BE ABLE TO EXTRACT ANY CODES YOUR COMPUTER HAS GENERATED (THE REASON THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT CAME ON)NORMALLY THIS IS A FREE SERVICE

THE SCANNER WILL PICK UP A CODE(S) (STUPID EXAMPLES P0123, P0124)

SOMETIMES THE AUTO STORE FELLERS WILL OFFER SUGGESTIONS AS TO WHAT MIGHT BE WRONG, SOME CODES ARE OBVIOUS, OTHERS MAY BE INTERPRETED DIFFERENT WAYS IN CONJUNCTION WITH YOU CARS SYMPTOMS

YOU CAN "GOOGLE" THE CODES, SORTA GO BY THE PARTS STORES SUGGESTIONS, OR YOU CAN BRING THE "EXACT CODE NUMBERS AND LETTERS" AND THE CARS SYMPTOMS BACK HERE (NOT THE SUGGESTIONS), AND MAYBE WE CAN OFFER A SOLUTION TOO

IMMA JEEP CJ GUY AND RESPOND BETTER TO THEM, IF I AM UNABLE TO OFFER ADVICE, I WILL LOCATE ANOTHER FELLER HERE THAT MAY BE MORE EXPERIENCED WITH YOUR VEHICLE----MANY WILL JUMP IN ON THEIR OWN TO HELP WITHOUT ME LOOKING FOR THEM

DEPENDING ON THE PROBLEM THIS COULD BE SOMETHING SIMPLE AND A EZ DIY REPAIR. HOPEFULLY IT WILL BE AN INEXPENSIVE FIX

WAITIN' FOR YOUR RESPONSE. REGARDLESS OF HOW YOU ATTACK YOUR ISSUE

Friday, May 25th, 2012 AT 3:53 AM
Sodesinei,

FELLER, IN SURFING AROUND IN HERE, LOOKING FOR SOMEONE I MIGHT COULD HELP, IN SOME WAY OR ANOTHER, I HAVE SEEN YOU POP IN ON THE SCENE TRYING TO "SELL" SOMETHING.

I'VE COME ACROSS YOU AT LEAST SIX TIMES, WITH SOME KINDA STORY. AND YOUR "INTRODUCTORY STATEMENT" AIN'T FITTING THE QUESTION MUCH AT ALL.

I USUALLY DON'T SURF A BROAD AREA OF THE 2CAR SITE, JUST STUFF I MIGHT BE FAMILIAR WITH. I SUSPECT YOU HAVE LAID A MINEFIELD THROUGH OUT THE ENTIRE SITE

WHAT IT IS "REALLY DOING" IS CONFUSING THE POOR GUY, WHO JUST WANTS TO GET HIS RIG GOING

I COULD SEE IT, IF WHAT YOU ARE OFFERING REALLY WAS THE "MIRACLE CURE"

MY OWN CONCLUSION HERE IS THAT YOU ARE BEING PAID FOR YOUR EFFORTS.

SAD THING IS. YOUR DANGED LINK, DOESN'T EVEN WORK!

SOON AS I FINISH WRITING THIS, I WILL BE CONTACTING "HIGHER", TO SEE IF THEY HAVE SPOTTED YOU YET, THEY REALLY SORTA FROWN UPON THIS SORTA THING. :-(

GOOD LUCK AND MAYBE THEY WILL BE EZer ON YOU THAN THE LAST FELLER THAT INFILTRATED, WHO "AGREED", BUT DID NOT "ABIDE" BY THE "TERMS OF SERVICE" STATEMENT

Saturday, May 26th, 2012 AT 3:07 AM