2001 Ford Explorer transmission

LEANNBAILEY
  • 2001 FORD EXPLORER
Diagnostic code b2607 abs system. Transmission is slipping on pull out. No burnt smell or metal.
Friday, November 28th, 2014 AT 2:15 PM

If trans is slipping and fluid was dark brown or black it needs a rebuild but have a trans guy make sure for a better opinion. The abs module sets this code with engine cranking and both blower motors on certain sport and sport trac vehicles. The cure is to replace the module if the light is on intermittently and or all the time. It cold be a bad ground as well however but a pro needs to check this
Friday, November 28th, 2014 AT 4:04 PM
LEANNBAILEY
Guy said said everything looked great on transmission service. The e brake seems to be sticking but not working at all. It only happens on pullout. Recently had transmission serviced. Will Lucas stop slip hurt it at all to try? And abs code b2607, how do I fix that?
Friday, November 28th, 2014 AT 4:37 PM
The first reply I said the cure is to replace the module unless the wiring is screwed up which a pro can easily detect and may fix it but I kind of doubt it. I've never had great success with the fix' em fluids and don't know many others other than it's a profit maker for the company. If it looked good in service then it may be the brake problem like a sticky caliper or the abs is keeping it on. Try the lucas if you like but like I've said I've never had good luck with any of them. You could have it rescanned to see if you get a trans code come up as it may be a valve body problem.
Friday, November 28th, 2014 AT 4:44 PM