MY CAR IS IDLING FUNNING IT ACTS LIKE OUT WANTS ...

• Jenhanna
  • 2001 Ford Explorer

My car is idling funning it acts like out wants to die and I just had a tune up

Wednesday, November 28th, 2012 AT 1:30 PM

• CJ MEDEVAC

THIS "COULD" OR "MAY NOT" BE RELATED TO THE TUNE UP YOU HAD DONE

SOMETIMES THINGS JUST HAPPEN---SOMETIMES THINGS HAPPEN BECAUSE OF NEGLIGENCE (WE'RE HOPING THIS IS NOT THE CASE)

DID THIS HAPPEN IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE TUNE UP ???

EXACTLY WHAT WAS DONE?---WHAT WAS MESSED WITH ? (INCLUDING ADJUSTMENT SCREWS--THAT MAY SHOULD HAVE NOT BEEN TAMPERED WITH) WHO DONE ALL OF THIS WORK? ARE THEY A MECHANIC (OR QUALIFIED) OR THE FELLER DOWN THE STREET THAT MADE YOUR LAWNMOWER RUN ONCE?

JUST FOR GIGGLES--LET'S ASSUME THIS IS NOT RELATED TO THE TUNE UP...READ MY LINK

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/2005-ford-escape-rough-idle-at-low-rpm

I LOOKED UP BOTH A V6 AND A V8 AT ADVANCE AUTO PARTS SITE (I HAD NO CLUE WHICH YOU HAVE) THE "IAC" IN BOTH CASES LOOKS VERY SIMILAR TO THE PICS I MADE OF MY WIFE'S IAC---YOU SHOULD HAVE NO PROBLEM LOCATING IT ON YOUR RIG

CLEAN IT, AND THE HOLE IT WAS OVER, WITH THROTTLE BODY CLEANER. IF THIS MAKES A NOTICEABLE DIFFERENCE, AND YOU OPT TO INSTALL A NEW ONE

.....LET ME KNOW, I CAN SHOW YOU HOW TO SAVE $$$, ON IT, AND OTHER AUTO PARTS PURCHASES IN THE FUTURE (EVEN WORKS WITH OTHER STUFF TOO!)

YOUR TURN

Wednesday, November 28th, 2012 AT 2:53 PM