HAVING PROBLEMS WITH BRAKES AFTER HYDROBOOST REPLACEMENT

2001 Ford Excursion

sevenmranch@yahoo.com

A few weeks back I had a major issue with my brakes and power steering. As I was pulling into a parking lot, the brakes seemed to "lock" and I could barely turn my steering wheel. After taking to the mechanic shop, I was told the hydroboost and the steering pump both needed replacing. We had both replaced but since I have done that the brakes just don't act right. Not every time I brake, but every time I drive the vehicle, when coming to a complete stop, the brakes tend to "lock" for a brief period followed by "hum" sound that sounds like some sort of release? I was worried they might have put the wrong part for the hydroboost on my vehicle. Any ideas what could be the problem? Thank you for your help!

hmac300

Have a different mechanic shop check your abs unit to see if it's acting ok, sounds like it might not be. He will have to scan it for codes.

Brake Booster Failed? Fix it Like a Pro
Replace Brake Booster
Brake Master Cylinder Replacement Like a Pro
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Mercedes ML