THE MILEAGE FLIP ON IT A WILE AGO NOW

• Anonymous
  • 2001 Ford Crown Victoria

The mileage flip on it a wile ago now.

I can drive for about 4 miles then it was start to studded some. It can then stall out or sounds like the engine can speed way up and the oil light will come on for a little. Seems like if I just keep the gas peddle in the same place not move it any at all it will not stall out. If it does stall out I can't start it. It seems like it's not getting any gas. I can wait about 4 minutes then it will start again! So I guess it's something heating up.

I replace the fuel filer and the fuel pump on it. Did not help. I don't want to spend more $ on it guessing what's wrong. I thought some one else would have the same problem but did not find it here so just asked.

Thursday, November 15th, 2012 AT 5:01 PM

• racefan966

What I would recomend is get a can of mass air flow cleaner and clean the mass air flow unit. Let me know if that helps or not.

Thursday, November 15th, 2012 AT 5:04 PM
  • raymondday

I cleaned the "mass air flow unit" with contact cleaner I have. It's easy to do. Don't have to take off a lot of things to get to it.

Tested the car. After just over 2 miles not pushing on the gas peddle any it engine speed up for about 2 sec. Then all OK.

Other times when it did that the check oil light would come up for a little.

I talked to some people and they said it could be the catalytic converter that my cost $1000! But can get a generic one for about $200 but only last about 2 to 3 years.

But I like to know what's wrong with it and not be wrong. Seems like some one else this would of happen to and they know what it was.

Thank you.

-Raymond Day

Tuesday, November 27th, 2012 AT 5:20 PM
  • racefan966

Do you have or can you borrow a digital multi meter? I would like to have you test the TPS (throttle possition sensor). Let me know and we will go from there.

Thursday, November 29th, 2012 AT 3:26 PM