2001 Taurus please help

VICTORIA2001TAURUS
  • 2001 FORD 500
I have a 2001 ford taurus ses and I don't know what's wrong with it the batt light is on but I put a new batt and alternator in it and it smokes from the passagner side and I don't know why
Wednesday, March 9th, 2011 AT 5:23 PM

Please use some punctuation, otherwise your description can be interpreted three different ways. Can you see what is smoking? Is it from the belt slipping or could it be electrical in nature? Use an inexpensive digital voltmeter to measure the voltages on the wires that plug into the generator on the back and holler back with those numbers.
Wednesday, March 9th, 2011 AT 5:36 PM
VICTORIA2001TAURUS
Ok I went to auto zone and and they check the voitage and they said that tha alternator and battery was bad and my battery light is still on with those brand new things. So we know its electrical somewhere jus don't know where. My car doesn't over heat but after driving for like 20 mins it starts to smoke from the bottom of the passanger side
Wednesday, March 9th, 2011 AT 5:49 PM
Use an inexpensive digital voltmeter to measure the voltages on the wires that plug into the generator on the back and holler back with those numbers. Unless they changed the wire colors, you should have a yellow wire that must have 12 volts all the time. If it is missing, suspect a blown 15 amp blue fuse. The fat output wire must also have full battery voltage on it all the time. The green / red wire will have about 2.0 volts when the ignition switch is on and the battery light is on. That wire is supposed to go to full battery voltage when the generator is working.
Wednesday, March 9th, 2011 AT 10:06 PM