1ST GEAR DELAYS SHIFT BUT THE REST OF THE GEARS SHIFT FINE

2001 Dodge Ram

moparaddict2001

September, 12, 2011 AT 10:38 PM

I had the transmission rebuilt a couple years back. When I put it in, I hooked up eveything the way it goes then I go to start it and let it idle in nuetral, then I go put tranny fluid in.I put it in gear then it wouldnt go, then if I rev it up it would engage and then disangage, so I discover a hole in the transimission line and repair it.I go back to put in gear it takes awhile to engage in 1st gear. Once I get it on the road it seems to shift fine.I was told it could be a sensor?Or service the transmission?
the speedo is off by 10 mph

Jacobandnickolas

September, 13, 2011 AT 3:09 AM

If it delays going into drive, it sounds like there could be a bad o ring allowing fluid pressure to bypass or the low / reverse clutch pack is too loose causing it to take longer to engage. It could also be a partially plugged cooler. You may want to flush that to make sure. As far as electronics, it should kick a check engine light. If it has, have the computer scanned to see if there are any trouble codes related to the transmission.

Transmission Fluid Replacement Mercedes Benz
Transmission Drain and Refill Kia Sportage
Transmission Service Ford Super Duty F-250
Transmission Service Toyota Tacoma
Automatic Transmission Service