2001 Dodge Neon won't crank won't start

BSKT
  • 2001 DODGE NEON
Ok. Where to begin.
The car will not crank. I checked the fuses and the relays; it appears they are all good. I jumped terminal 30 to 87 on the starter relay and the starter engages, There is power to terminal 86 when I engage the ignition to crank. There is no ground at terminal 85. I checked the center post of the neutral safety switch and I have continuity to the transmission case. When I turned the key to the on position and jumped the starter it would crank but would not start. I tried the key dance to pull possible codes; I got nothing and the check engine light does not illuminate when I turn the ignition to the on position. What would you suggest is my next step to diagnose the problem?
Thursday, March 5th, 2015 AT 12:40 PM

Try resetting security system lock drivers door with key then unlock see if car will start.
+1
Thursday, March 5th, 2015 AT 4:25 PM
BSKT
That was actually my first thought. It stopped starting because the battery discharged. Daughter left the lights on. I recharged the battery overnight and reattached it but no joy. The battery has been load tested and I am reading 12.71 volts direct.
Friday, March 6th, 2015 AT 3:02 PM
BSKT
I tried to reset again just for grins. Still no joy.
Friday, March 6th, 2015 AT 3:03 PM
Ok I have adiagram now check fuse 9 under hood then where yellow wires enter should be on when you go to start then brown wire is activated for pcm finally to starter. If you hear clicking at the starter hit the body of starter with a hammer if it starts you need a starter.
Friday, March 6th, 2015 AT 3:40 PM
BSKT
As I said before.I jumped the starter at the relay; the starter circuit is working. I checked the yellow wire at the relay; I get 12 volts at terminal 86 when the ignition is in the crank position. I have ground at the #30 terminal, but no ground at terminal 85. I checked and there is continuity at the center pin of the neutral safety switch. My thinking is that the only possibility remaining is the PCM, but this is where I start getting out of my lane. I would prefer not to start replacing parts to find the problem; is there some way to confirm the PCM is working?
Monday, March 9th, 2015 AT 4:56 AM
BSKT
To clarify, I have no ground at #28 on the diagram you provided.
Monday, March 9th, 2015 AT 4:59 AM
If you have no ground then check the wire for a short or see if power is coming from pcm it may not be. The number you see will be from the pcm as to where to check.
Monday, March 9th, 2015 AT 7:21 AM