2001 CHRYSLER T&C - RADIO ISSUE

• ginhul
  • 2001 Chrysler Town and Country
  • automatic
  • 86 miles

2001 Chrysler Town and Country - Why does the (original, factory) radio keep shorting out everytime it's turned on - causing an immediate power surge; knocking out the radio, the A/C, the power locks, and the dome lights? (And whatever else is on the same circuit). I checked behind the unit, looking for any possible explosed wiring, but it all looks fine. With the radio off, everything works fine. However, once the radio is activated, boom! All out and I replace the 15A fuse to get systems back on line. Thank you. Any help would be immensely appreciated as I have no idea where to begin to investigate this issue.

Sunday, July 17th, 2011 AT 2:10 PM

• mhpautos

If there was a power shortage to the radio I would be expecting that you would have constant problems, I feel that it is an internal short in the radio circuit, I would remove the unit, attach a test light to the radio power and if this does not blow the fuse, get the radio tested.

Sunday, July 17th, 2011 AT 11:55 PM