PT PRUISER

2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser

Araczek

October, 11, 2011 AT 12:20 PM

Hi all-

Got a 2001 PT Cruiser LE. I have just noticed that when I turn the car off I can hear a little gurgling and if I pop the hood I see coolant has come out. I looked around and it seems to be wet in the back of the engine like near the firewall almost dead center. Above that location is the overflow reservoir. But the reservoir doesn't look wet. Checked hoses (what I can see) and don't see anything wrong. Heater hoses look okay (again, what I can see). Checked radiator in the morning and it did lose SOME coolant. It didn't puke it's guts out though.

Drove to work this AM after adding water and temperature stayed normal. This happens after I shut the car off.

Tonight I will try to narrow it down but just wanted feedback to see if anyone saw this before. What I see as "wet" is the center crossmember below the exhaust pipe/manifold. But I know it's possibel it could be far removed from that location.

This all happend after a 2 1/2 hour trip. Was fine before that.

hmac300

October, 11, 2011 AT 2:24 PM

Have your coolant system pressure tested for leaks so as to not be a head gasket leak.

Heater Hose Replacement Chevrolet Camaro
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic