I CHANGED THE BAD ALTERNATOR IT RAN FINE ALL DAY...

2001 Chrysler Concorde

Anonymous

March, 4, 2013 AT 11:16 PM

I changed the bad alternator it ran fine all day no problems went home shut it off, it sat the whole next day. I went out the third day to start it and everything is normal turning the key until I got to the start then I have nothing. I HAVE NO CRANKING, NO FUEL PUMP, BUT WHEN I JUMP THE RELAYS WITH A WIRE THEY WORK FINE I HAVE TRACED EVERYTHING I CAN THINK OF PLEASE HELP
WHAT COULD I BE MISSING?

Jacobandnickolas

March, 5, 2013 AT 1:22 AM

Have you checked to make sure all battery terminals are clean and tight? Is there power getting to the starter?

jimharland

March, 6, 2013 AT 10:33 PM

Yes they are clean and I have power to the starter relay

Jacobandnickolas

March, 6, 2013 AT 11:01 PM

If you have power to the starter (12v) and it doesn't engage, it sounds like you have a bad starter. Have you had it checked?

jimharland

March, 7, 2013 AT 8:25 PM

Sorry I dont have power to the starter unless I jump the relay but with the relay in I have nothing same with the fuel pump I can jump it through the relay it will hum but when I put them back in they dont work. Its like something is stopping them from getting juice I JUST DONT HAVE THE MONEY TO TAKE IT TO GET FIXED BY A PRO THIS SUCKS

Jacobandnickolas

March, 8, 2013 AT 3:24 AM

I'll try to help. If you can jump the relay, that tells me there is power there. Have you tried a new relay?

Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000
Battery Replacement Guide
Starter Replacement
Starter Motor Replacement Ford Mustang
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011