CHEVY VAN OVERHEATING

2001 Chevrolet Venture

symijeco

July, 4, 2011 AT 10:10 AM

My 2001 Chevrolet venture van has is still overheating, even after I have changed the head gaskets, water pump, thermostat, and bled the system 4 times. The van starts up and runs fine, seems to be running at the right temp, and then starts to overheat, and pegs the gauge.

July, 4, 2011 AT 10:44 AM

Is the cooling fan operating?

Operating during the time of overheat?

Is it possible that the radiator has minerals and deposits stuck inside its vanes, degrading it's ability to work correctly. Our water does that around here, a professional tear-down and cleaning/ rodding is the best thing, next to replacement.

Maybe it's something as simple as a radiator hose, old and squishy, being s. Ucked flat due to water pump action?

The Medic

symijeco

July, 4, 2011 AT 2:23 PM

I have had the radiator flushed and check, insuring that the flow through it is unrestricted. The hoses are new. You can drive the down the road, no overtemp, the minute you sit for just a few minutes, the temp gauge starts pegging. The fans appear to be kicking on.

July, 4, 2011 AT 3:38 PM

How was the radiator flushed? Professionally or a Auto Store Pour in flush?

Sorta when does it kick in, according to the temp gauge?

The Medic

Thermostat Replacement Chrysler PT Cruiser
Thermostat Replacement Chevrolet Blazer
Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage
Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500
Thermostat Replacement Mercedes Benz C230