Brake lights, need help!

PHATE1606
  • 2001 CHEVROLET VENTURE
I have a 2001 Chevy Venture 3.4, in which I can not get the brake lights to activate.
I have swapped the brake switch, the turn signal (combo) switch. The third brake light stays active when I turn on the turn signals, or the parking lights. With that in mind, I still get no brake lights, turn signals, or parking lights on either passenger or driver rear lights. Is there a short in the BCM or a short in the wiring? Any help would be greatful! Thank you.
Saturday, February 11th, 2012 AT 12:17 AM

That is a good one. Check for damaged or broken body grounds. Check for broken power supplies. Make sure there is power to the brake light switch.
Saturday, February 11th, 2012 AT 12:44 AM
PHATE1606
I have this van apart as we speak, I found a break in the wire under the kick panel of the Driver rear sliding door, fixed the wire. Found no fuses blown, I have an issue with both turn signal indicators steadily on (on dash), but when the brake is applied, they dim (on dash). All grounds were cleaned and re-installed. I have power to both brake switch and combo switch, but not sure on what the volts are supposed to be, I have 5V reference on the brake switch. You think a possible feedback?

I have also removed the brake switch to see if the condition still exists. And it still remained. That is when I determined the combo switch to be bad. So I am totally confused and out of answers.
Saturday, February 11th, 2012 AT 1:11 AM

Sponsored links