ABS and traction controll

GLENN SCHULTZ III
  • 2001 CHEVROLET VENTURE
I just had my front brakes, rotors, and calipers replaced. The mechanic's itemized report said "Perform ABS Automated Bleed Procedures". My ABS dash light is stil on and my traction control is deactivated. Should these problems should have resolved with my brake job?
Thursday, February 17th, 2011 AT 1:47 AM

PROTECH1980
Was the ABS light on before you had it serviced? Do you know the ABS code or codes?
Thursday, February 17th, 2011 AT 2:57 AM
GLENN SCHULTZ III
Yes, As the brakes went bad, the ABS light went on and the Trac Off light came on. The service messages read "Service traction control system". Sorry I don't know the codes, is that a code that Auto Zone can read? Or do I gotta give my mechanic another $75 to do it, on top of the almost $600 I already gave him for the brake work?
Thursday, February 17th, 2011 AT 11:13 AM
PROTECH1980
I am not sure if they can read ABS codes with their type of scanner, im guessing only engine codes, that is something that you could call autozone and ask. I would need specific ABS codes in order to assist you any further.
Thursday, February 17th, 2011 AT 5:03 PM

Sponsored links