Brakes

RBROWN027
  • 2001 CHEVROLET TRACKER

I have a 2001 chevy tracker lt 4wd 2.5v6---when you press on the brake pedal to stop the brakes almost go to the floor they also feel a little spongy.I've had the brakes bled does no good 1 mech. Said the master cyclinder is bad another said the brake booster is bad can you shed some light on this?

Friday, April 29th, 2011 AT 9:40 PM

SATURNTECH9

Usually with a bad brake booster you get a hard pedal not a soft pedal. So do you have drum or disc brake in the rear?

Friday, April 29th, 2011 AT 9:51 PM
RBROWN027

Disc brakes

Friday, April 29th, 2011 AT 10:04 PM
SATURNTECH9

Alright if you had drum brakes I was going to tell you I would try adjusting up out of adjustment drum brakes can cause a low brake pedal. Can you pump the brake pedal up and make it hard?Do you have abs?Did you or a shop bleed the brakes?

Saturday, April 30th, 2011 AT 5:28 PM
RBROWN027

Sorry I have drum brakes also I have ABS. When you pump the brakes you do get a better pedal.I have had the brakes bled twice they also looked for any leaks and didn't find any.

Sunday, May 1st, 2011 AT 3:44 PM
SATURNTECH9

You say you have rear drum brakes have you tried adjusting them up?If there out of adjustment it can cause a low pedal.

-1
Sunday, May 1st, 2011 AT 8:25 PM