2001 Chevrolet Tahoe No heat

JONATHANTRIVETTE
  • 2001 CHEVROLET TAHOE
I have no heat. The vehicle runs at its normal temp (around or just under 210). I have changed the thermostat about 2 years ago. I checked the blend door actuator and it is working. I had the cooling system flushed last week. Both hoses from the heater core get hot which to me suggests that it isn't stopped up. Before I had the cooling system flushed last week, I did have heat when the vehicle was running at 55mph but when I was going slower or especially at idle speed it would blow cool air but now since I had the system flushed I have no warm air at all at any speed.
My thoughts are either air pockets in the system or possibly the flap the opens & closes for hot or cold air is broken. I don't know if the vehicle has a bleeder valve or not. It has the closed radiator. Is there a fuse that controls the hot air that could be blown or is there some other logical explanation for my problem?
Saturday, November 8th, 2014 AT 1:50 PM

There is a temp actuator that controls heat/cool. First try pulling hvac fuse inside car for 60 seconds with key on then reinstall and see if it gets warm after a minute if not it may be the actuator is not working or the door may be broken. Pic shows temp actuator on rh side it's pretty easy to change you may have to remove a panel. Also make sure connector is getting power if not it will need scanning to see if control head is bad.
Saturday, November 8th, 2014 AT 3:54 PM
JONATHANTRIVETTE
Ok, I pulled the hvac fuses like you said with the key on and waited 60 seconds and then reinstalled. I had to let the engine warm up but still no heat. It might be a touch warmer than the air outside, especially when you first turn on the blower but it quickly goes back to cool.
As I mentioned in my initial question, I have already checked the blend door actuator and it is functioning. I removed it and also manually turned the piece that the actuator turns. You can hear the door closing but it slams. Once you turn the engine on you can no longer turn it with your finger. I guess it does like a vacuum on it.
Is the door plastic? How can I check to see if it is broken? Or is it possible that it's air trapped in the system?
+1
Saturday, November 8th, 2014 AT 4:35 PM
Its not air in system without pulling the heater and dash to disassemble heater then try pulling blower motor and see if you can free it up there or see if it's broken there is no vacuum on it.
-1
Sunday, November 9th, 2014 AT 6:22 AM