How do you reset the anti-theft on a 2001 chevy suburban?
have the same problem?
Monday, April 11th, 2011 AT 3:11 PM
Perform the passlock theft system relearn:
1. Verify that the battery is fully charged.
2. Use the scan tool to clear any DTCs.
3. Turn the ignition switch from the OFF position to the CRANK position, allowing the engine to start/stall.
4. Release the key, leave the ignition in the ON position for a minimum of 10 minutes. Do not go less than 10 minutes or the relearn procedure will abort.
5. After the 10 minute cycle, turn the ignition off for 15 seconds to power the computers down.
6. Repeat Steps 3-5 two more times (3 times total).
7. After the 3rd cycle, It should start and run normally
Monday, April 11th, 2011 AT 3:41 PM
You can try the 30 minute relearn procedure, if you haven't already? When you try to start and key returns to run procedure, if the security lite is on or flashing, leave the key on, see if security lite goes out after about 10 minutes. Turn key off for 5 seconds. Repeat the procedure twice more. Turn key to off, the relearn should be completed on the next restart attemp. If that procedure doesn't work, your goiung to have to dig deeper.