I HAVE A 3

2001 Chevrolet Impala

Anonymous

November, 9, 2012 AT 4:00 PM

I have a 3.4L impala, runs great except I replaced power steering pump 2 months ago, started noticing pump starting to whine again last month, started having to add fluid daily. Now when I put fluid in it doesn't even help, and its so hard to steer. Also my temperature gauge doesn't move, its not over heating, coolant is fine and I still have good heat! I am a poor single mom, college student and every time I bring it to a shop for a "solution" I walk out with a $500+ repair bill. I know this can be done cheaper, but would like an idea of WTH is wrong with it! Thank You

Oh I do not know where fluid is leaking. Or rather pouring out of in my power steering area.

hmac300

November, 9, 2012 AT 4:16 PM

If it's leaking it's either a loose line or you have a bad steering gear or you have a line that is broken going to steering gear. You should see oil under your car when you park.

Steering Pump Replacement Mercedes Benz
Power Steering Pump Replacement Chevy Tahoe
Power Steering Pump Pulley Removal